Welcome to eQuoo.
We are dedicated to providing an enjoyable and safe experience for you while using this game. These ‘User Terms’ outline the rules and guidelines for using our game. Please read them carefully before proceeding:
1. Educational and Entertainment Purpose: eQuoo is designed to offer educational but entertaining content that aim to promote your mental health awareness and wellbeing.
3. Safety and Reporting Concerns: We prioritise your safety and wellbeing. If we have a reasonable belief that a user may come to harm or is at risk we reserve the right to inform an appropriate adult about that concern. This may include instances where we suspect high levels of anxiety or depression, self-harm, harm to others or other safety concerns. Our intention is to support and protect you and our other users and we will handle such a situation with discretion.
4. Account Security and User Responsibility: You may need to create a password. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account login credentials. You agree to take reasonable measures to protect this information and unauthorised access to your account. You acknowledge and agree that any activity occurring under your account, whether authorised by you or not, is your sole responsibility. You
understand that eQuoo will not be held responsible for damages, losses or liabilities arising from unauthorised use of your account or actions by others using your account. This includes but is not limited to, disclosure of your personal information.
5. User Conduct: You agree to the following conduct guidelines:
(a) You will not share, or display inappropriate content, including but not limited to violence, explicit language or harmful behaviour.
(b) You will be respectful to others and their opinions within the game.
(c) You will not engage in bullying, harassment or discriminatory behaviour.
(d) You will not share personal information such as full name, address or phone number within the game.
(e) You will not use the game for any unlawful purpose or manner, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the game or any operating system or disrupting its functionality.
(f) You will report any inappropriate content or behaviour to a responsible adult or to eQuoo immediately.
6. Age requirement: eQuoo is intended for individuals aged 12 and onwards. By playing eQuoo you confirm that you fall within this age range.
7. Intellectual Property: All intellectual property rights related to eQuoo including but not limited to the content, design, and trademarks are owned by the game developers. You are not permitted to reproduce or exploit this game without permission.
8. Educational Study: You agree that personally identifiable information collected during your use of eQuoo may be anonymised and used for publication, research or educational study purposes with the goal of improving the game’s functionality, user experience and contributing to the field of mental health. If you have concerns about the use of anonymised data collected through the app, you may contact us to request further information or express your preferences regarding its use.
9. Caution with Third-Party Links: eQuoo may contain links to third-party websites, applications or services that are not owned or controlled by us. We do not endorse, guarantee or take responsibility for the content. Any purchase or transaction you make on a third-party website is solely between you and the third-party seller or service provider. To the fullest extent permitted at law, we are not liable for any damages, losses or liabilities arising from your interactions with third-party websites or services.
10. Operating System Requirements: To ensure optimal user experience, our app has certain operating requirements (as specified on our Website). You acknowledge and agree to meet these requirements for functionality and compatibility reasons. Failure to meet the minimum operating requirements may result in diminished app performance, reduced functionality or inability to access certain features. We are not responsible for any negative impact on your user experience resulting from a failure to meet these requirements. The minimum operating requirements may include, but are not limited to the following:
a. Compatibility with specific operating systems and versions (e.g. iOS, Android).
b. Adequate device specifications such as minimum processor speed, memory and storage capacity.
c. Stable and reliable internet connection.
11. Updates and Modifications: We may update these User Terms from time to time. It is your responsibility to review these terms regularly.
12. Termination: We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your access to the game at any time with or without cause.
eQuoo aims to provide a game that is designed to build emotional resilience. It is not a substitute for professional mental health advice, diagnosis or treatment. You acknowledge and consent to our right to report any concerns to an appropriate adult to ensure the safety and welfare of all users. You acknowledge that to the fullest extent permitted by law, users accept full responsibility for their wellbeing and risks associated with the use of the services, including the risk of self-harm or suicide.
We strongly advise you to seek appropriate and immediate help if you are experiencing distress, negative emotions or have thoughts of self-harm or suicide.
If you acknowledge that you have read, understand and agree to these User Terms please click the ‘I agree’ option as indicated.
Enjoy the game!